17/11/2015

a scottish adventure

This weeks post is very different for us. We thought that it would be nice to share the things that we do and enjoy to make our blog that little more personal and varied. So last week we both took some well deserved time off work. Myself (Holly) decided to book a little break away to Edinburgh. I had never visited Scotland and I wanted to go somewhere new and exciting. I thought Edinburgh would be a good city to explore and I was not disappointed. 

We visited art galleries, museums, (which had free admission) the zoo, the castle and explored the shops and high street. Whilst exploring the historic castle it even snowed (the first snow of the year for me). We stopped for countless hot chocolates as the weather was very wintery and had to buy ourselves a woolly hat to keep warm. But I think visiting during the Autumn months adds something more magical and special to the whole experience (probably because the shops were adorned with Christmas decorations.)

I defiantly want to go back and explore more of Scotland's heritage and beautiful landscapes (maybe next year). I hope you like the photos. 

 

Holly
                                 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment